The mission of The GLS/BLA Association is to promote and support academic excellence at Boston Latin Academy, as well as relationships between the school and its alumnae/i and friends; and to raise funds for Boston Latin Academy and the GLS/BLA Association activities and projects that support our mission objectives.
We need your financial support in order to accomplish our mission every year. Thank you in advance for your contribution to this worthy cause.
Many important steps have been taken in the past few years to infuse the history and academic cache of Girls' Latin School into the school culture of Boston Latin Academy. The Association reestablished the original "Jabberwock" logo and printed an informational brochure to share with BLA students so that the school logo will remain true in future decades to the original conceived by Abbie Farwell Brown, the first editress of the Jabberwock, in 1888.
The Association also restored the statue of Joan of Arc, a gift from the class of 1907 upon the 25th Anniversary of the school. It resides now in the BLA Hapgood library on a brand new base.
In our most ambitious effort to date, the Association has undertaken the restoration of the five headmaster portraits. This will also include the restored painting of Dr. John Tetlow- GLS's first headmaster, from 1878 until 1910.
The GLS/BLA Community has identified several projects that are a critical part of maintaining academic standards as well as improving the overall morale and student experience at Boston Latin Academy.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Please make a donation for:
- Technology: procurement of new Chromebooks, replacement parts and upgrades of current hardware, improvement of speed and reliability of the school WiFi
- Music program- new instruments for the expansion of the BLA Band Program
- Library furniture & Archive cases- upgrades to school library, purchasing of archive cases to display historical artifacts of Girls’ Latin School and Boston Latin Academy
- Extra Curricular Activities (Classics Club, Sports)- funding support for students to attend local, regional and national events
A DONATION IN ANY AMOUNT CAN HELP
Ways that you can boost your support
- Consider a substantial contribution as a tax deductible charitable donation for tax year 2018
- Take advantage of your employer’s corporate matching programs. The GLS/BLA Association is a registered 501(c)(3) organization.
- Set up a monthly automatic debit in a manageable amount. A small monthly donation of $25 is a manageable way for you to donate $300 this year.